Laying the right Foundation
1. Always start with clean skin!
(this is were a lot of people start off wrong)
You don’t have to cleanse your skin with fancy cleansers, just make sure its clean.
A popular cheap cleanser is Cetaphil.
2. If you use a moisturiser now is the best time to apply it whilst the skin is still a little damp as
it will be absorbed by your skin a little better.
Then I would apply my primer.
Ideally now you should wait about 5 – 10 minutes before you go any further (either after or before primer) This time you could use to get your other products out, get changed, do your hair or brush your teeth. It isn’t totally necessary though.
3. Now is the time for applying your actual foundation. Your options are, well endless i guess. -You could choose to use a sponge, but really it wastes product and isn’t very hygeinc.
– or a brush, this is my choice.
I use a Mac 187. To swirl and stipple the foundation on.
(i also mainly use cream or liquid foundations, this will also affect what kind of applicator you use)
4. Apply your concealer, Under eyes spots and blemishes.
5. If you aren’t planning on using a cream blush apply your setting powder of choice.
Just use a translucent powder if you don’t need any more coverage.
At this stage you should have a nice matt base, if you want a more dewy complexion follow on.
6. Now I would get my foundation brush spray it with Mac Fix + and dot over my cheekbones temples and bridge of nose (all highlight area’s), also on the jaw line lightly.
You could also instead use a highlighter or skin lluminator.
Other tips would be
If you want a dewy complexion use a concealer with light reflecting properties.
If you want the matt look you can buy mattifying primers/bases.
That’s all for now