Beauty Blogger Coalition
I like luxury brands as much as the next gal but more often than not I can’t seem to squeeze them into my budget. Also when I find a product that works just as well if not better why not buy the cheaper option, right!?! So the following are a few of my favourite budget friendly beauty buys that are not only a bargain but work for me too!
Face of Australia Loose Powder (RRP AUD) $11.95, comes in a massive 30 gram container for that price and is a great lightweight loose translucent powder. (more…)
This is an event you don’t want to miss. Returning for the 2nd year is the Beauty Bloggers Charity Auction, with 100% of the winning bids going straight to Doctors Without Borders you can shop totally guilt free!
“Participants have donated a treasure trove of the best lotions, potions, products, and gadgets. Donated items range from the hottest items from this year’s holiday collections to hard-to-find exclusives and limited edition cult favorites. When the auction ends, winning bidders "pay" by making their donations directly to Doctors Without Borders, through the site’s secure giving page. “
There are seriously so many awesome items up for auction you might want to go check out the site before it all kicks off on Monday the 28th of November (8 am CST to 5 pm CST on Monday, December 12) but until then you can look through the site and see what items will be available this year.
My favourites would have to be the Urban Decay Ultimate Collection , the OPI Muppets Collection , the pretty much invaluable Lucky Magazine Experience and the Make Up For Ever Wild & Chic Aqua Cream Collection. But there are heaps more items up for auction, go see for yourself! Plus international shipping is included in the winning bid price.
Make sure you register to bid and maybe bookmark the items you wish to bid on as there are quite a few!
Remember every single cent goes straight to the charity, so bid generously!
I’ve teamed up with some of my (and yours soon too, I bet) favourite beauty bloggers from across the globe to bring you this insanely awesome giveaway. A $500 Sephora E-Gift Card! yes you read that right, all you have to do to enter is listed below.
To enter, wait for the Rafflecopter widget to load below. You’re more than welcome to leave comments, but they will not earn entries into the contest. Each action in the Rafflecopter widget (below) earns you another entry. Actions will only be counted one time – even if you click on the widgets on the other participating blogs. You may tweet once per day – just come back here (or any of the blogs listed above) and submit a new tweet! 18+, International Entries are welcomed!
Please make sure to check out all the great bloggers that contributed to make this happen!
You’ve heard me rave on and on about how Trilogy make some fabulous products that are not only ethically but environmentally responsible before a few times now and todays no different!
“Trilogy’s ongoing campaign to help endangered orangutans in South East Asia launched in 2009 and has received enormous public support. To date Trilogy has raised $32,000* for the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation, the world’s largest orangutan rescue sanctuary.”
Starting today every person that visits the Trilogy site and pledges their name they will donate $1.00 to the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation.
So how can you help?
1. Go to www.trilogyproducts.com and follow the orangutan.
2. Pledge your name and Trilogy will donate $1.00 to the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation!
3. Spread the word! As Trilogy are donating $1.00 to every single person who pledges.
I promise it will only take a few moments of your time.
For further information about how the foundation actively rescues and rehabilitates the orangutans visit www.savetheorangutan.org
To learn more about Trilogy visit www.trilogyproducts.com and www.facebook.com/trilogyproducts
Madame B Fatale
I just couldn’t get to sleep last night. So after trying to organise files on my computer, watching TV and then moving things around in my computer/makeup room I decided to crack out my new Sugarpill shadows and decided to do an EOTD (or EOTN really).
I started by covering my entire eye area (including brows) with Mac’s (more…)
Just released this week Illamasqua’s new collection Theatre of the Nameless for Autumn/ Winter 2011 was previewed to us on Tuesday night. Arriving at the Brisbane Myer, the MUA’s and counter were all decked out in their fabulous collection inspired looks along with three models for demonstrations of the products at work! We were greeted and given the new collections catalogue, which btw they are always filled with stunning looks, collection and product information. I also finally got to meet the lovely Mandi in person who has taken over from Christabel recently.
(Photo from Illamasqua, Makeup by Alex Box)
To start off Tiarah (counter manager, look inspired by ‘the poet Sebastian’) spoke about the inspiration behind the collection – A modern interpretation of the illicit underworld of 1920’s subcultures of Berlin.
In particular Anita Berber an infamous German performer and prostitute and one of her husbands Sebastian Droste who was a poet and dancer. Their marriage was short but notorious. Together they led a life of excess and rebellion, travelled, performed, published a book of poetry, photographs and drawings but Droste ultimately betrayed her. (more…)
I was tagged by the lovely Melmeko, go check out her blog!!
- You must link back to the blogger (or bloggers in my case) who nominated you.
- You must then list your Top 10 favourite products.
- Finally, you need to then nominate 10 other bloggers to receive this modest but impressive award.
1. Too Faced Shadow Insurance – I’ve already reviewed this magical product before here, so there’s not much else I can say except I use it on basically every eye makeup application!
2. Burt’s Bee’s Radiance Lotion – Gorgeous summery ‘going out’ body lotion. The reason I say going out is due to the stunning shimmering mica particles in the product that makes your skin look healthy and glowing. Plus its fast absorbing and hasn’t transferred onto my clothes once!
3. Macadamia Naturals – The whole range (is this cheating?), well the only product I haven’t tried yet is the new curl cream so all but that. I’ve reviewed the oil here (ages ago, I had red hair!), I’ve given some away in a prize and a review coming for the Shampoo, Conditioner and Mask to come. I absolutely LOVE this range, keeps my colour in, makes it shiney, feels stronger and the scent is lovely to boot!
4. Wella BioTouch Pure Purifying Shampoo – This is one of those products that I’ve found pretty much invaluable as soon as it hit my bathroom shelves. I use it maybe once a week and it helps really clean my hair. Especially if its been one of those weeks when I’ve gone a tad overboard with the styling products that week (translation – most weeks)! My boyfriend has even used it to help get out of all the product from his hair when he’s had his mohawk up – yes its that effective.
5. Mehron Glitters – I bought a Dynamite Red and Pricilla Pink from the booth at IMATS last year and have been kicking myself ever since that I didn’t buy them all! I think I paid between $5 and $7 and they come in a very generous size. In the picture I have used then together over Orly’s Red Flame nail polish and I am really loving the effect, plus they are great on the eyes as well.
6. GlamourDollEye’s shadows – I received my order only about two weeks ago and am already in love with them. I got a few sample sizes in the jars, at only $2.50 (or cheaper in the sets) I think it’s a great way to try out new colours. Oh and sample orders are free WORLD WIDE and if you purchase the sample singles and want a full size after trying it just email them and they will discount the price of the sample for the full size!
7. Cargo Eye Shimmers Set – I’ve used these in a couple of FOTD’s in the past few months and I am loving them. They may be small but all the colours are gorgeous and to be honest whilst I love large size pigments but I might actually be able to get through theses!
8. BabylissPro Hair Electricals- I was given a few of these to review and have been using them non stop (sorry hair, I know I promised not as much heat styling). All three tools have an impressive heat range, super long cords, sleek designs and easy to use! I’ve done demo’s on two of them so far here and here, plus there is one on the C-Styler coming up.
9. Illamasqua Blushers– There is no way I could leave them out! Hard to choose a particular product I love the most but I guess its going to have to be the Powder Blusher in Tremble. I have a swatch and overview here.
10. Sugarpill Shadows – Oh.My.God! These only arrived this week too but it really was love at first sight. Favorite so far is Darling Loose Shadow, but I can see all of these being used quite a lot and will definitely feature in upcoming tutorials and FOTD’s! HERE & HERE
So here’s the point I meant to tag people, I’m pretty late on the bandwagon (hah what’s new?!?) so I’m not going to tag anyone in particular instead I tag anyone that wants to do it! If you do make sure you leave a link in the comments section, or just leave your favourite in the comments section if you don’t want to do a whole blog post.
Madame B Fatale
*Some products had been provided for consideration, not for this post but for reviewing and demonstration purposes. The list just happens to be the products I am really loving at the moment!