(click image, for bigger picture)
Keep your primer in your fridge so it instantly cools and soothes your skin!
Something different from all the glitter and colour I’m more comfortable with.
(Also this is more of a “drug store look”, i avoided using any of my pricier products)
So here we go
Revlon Radiance Brow Powder
Chi Chi Mega Twist of colour
Revlon ColorStay 02 Coffee Bean Pallet
Max Factor Brown/Black Mascara
Masquerade Foundation and Powder
The finished look, very subdued (for me)
The next colour was applied to my lid area.
Laying the right Foundation
1. Always start with clean skin!
(this is were a lot of people start off wrong)
You don’t have to cleanse your skin with fancy cleansers, just make sure its clean.
A popular cheap cleanser is Cetaphil.
2. If you use a moisturiser now is the best time to apply it whilst the skin is still a little damp as
it will be absorbed by your skin a little better.
Then I would apply my primer.
Ideally now you should wait about 5 – 10 minutes before you go any further (either after or before primer) This time you could use to get your other products out, get changed, do your hair or brush your teeth. It isn’t totally necessary though.
3. Now is the time for applying your actual foundation. Your options are, well endless i guess. -You could choose to use a sponge, but really it wastes product and isn’t very hygeinc.
– or a brush, this is my choice.
I use a Mac 187. To swirl and stipple the foundation on.
(i also mainly use cream or liquid foundations, this will also affect what kind of applicator you use)
4. Apply your concealer, Under eyes spots and blemishes.
5. If you aren’t planning on using a cream blush apply your setting powder of choice.
Just use a translucent powder if you don’t need any more coverage.
At this stage you should have a nice matt base, if you want a more dewy complexion follow on.
6. Now I would get my foundation brush spray it with Mac Fix + and dot over my cheekbones temples and bridge of nose (all highlight area’s), also on the jaw line lightly.
You could also instead use a highlighter or skin lluminator.
Other tips would be
If you want a dewy complexion use a concealer with light reflecting properties.
If you want the matt look you can buy mattifying primers/bases.
That’s all for now
- If you have under eye circles try not to use to much mascara on the bottom lashes as it can cast a shadow and make them appear worse.
- A quick way to add volume lashes is to give them a very light dusting of translucent powder before you use your regular mascara.
- Don’t ever pump the Mascara wand! All this does is fill the tube with air and bacteria, it also dries out the mascara quicker.
- Remember Mascara only has a life span of about 3 (three) months before it should be discarded.