The main reason I’ve been wanting to try one of these out, well besides the fact that Babyliss products generally get a rave review is that it has no tong. I have been using traditional curling tongs for years now and wanted to see the difference.
There are obviously no tong marks left on the hair which is its first plus. Other things that I think need mentioning are
- Long Cord – Great when your power source is a bit out of the way.
- 25 Heat Settings – Anyone can find the perfect temperature for their hair type, curls last!
- On and Off Switch – This is more of a personal preference as I don’t really like styling tools that turn on as soon as you plug them in.
- Hair isn’t ‘dulled down’ – Looks nice and shiny after
- Cool Tip – At the end of the wand so no burnt fingertips!
- Heat Protectant Mat – I use this with all my heat styling tools now.
All that and its pretty easy to use and also heats up fast.
To use all you have to do is hold the wand upside down and wrap hair around! Curl smaller sections for a more defined look or larger sections for a wavier look. You can also either favour the top or bottom of the wand for different sized curls.
On to the Video
The wand itself retails at $94.95 on I-Glamour.com and was provided for the review/tutorial. Other products used from i-glamour were the One n Only Ceramic Silk Curling Iron Glaze on sale for $8.60!(from $17.19!) and the BabylissPro Heat Protection Finger Shields $11.95 (for 2). Both of these were bought by me. If you check out the website make sure to stop by the clearance section there are many, many bargains to be had there!
In the video I also used the Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Hairspray (also sent for review/tutorial) which is actually perfect for this look as you do want it to have slight hold but it has to be ‘movable/tousled’ as well.
The finished Result -
Also sorry the video is so bright, Note to self: don’t film in the middle of the day with the curtains open!
Madame B Fatale
Wand and hairspray used were sent for review/tutorial purposes.