The Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleansing System claims to cleanse skin better than basic cleansing alone, up to four times better. But did it work for me?
- Packaged neatly in a box complete with batteries, device, brush head, and a small cleanser the cleansing system is ready to use immediately. (Awesome for me since I have a terrible time remembering to buy the correct batteries).
- There are two rotating settings on the device, one slow and one a little faster. There isn’t a timer on it though so have to guess how long you use it for. The recommended time is 60 Seconds.
- After using the device on my face my skin feels very clean but not tight. I did have issues with the cleanser breaking me out and I actually tried the cleansing system with a number of cleansers with varying results. I’m putting this down to my skin acting up to certain things while being pregnant.
- The device easily removes my makeup but I do prefer to wipe the majority off with a makeup wipe then to follow with the The Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleansing System for a really good double cleanse.
- The brush heads are meant to be replaced every 3 months and retail for $9.99. They are fairly easy to keep clean by washing after use but once a week I also went over it with my brush cleanser. Can’t be too clean right?
- The Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleansing System is water resistant so while it can be used in the shower it cannot be submerged in water. (Not that you would want to)
Although the pack actually comes with batteries a few months or so after I started using the device I thought it would be a great idea to replace them with Aldi re-chargeable batteries. This was a great idea until they ran out of charge and I tried to take them out. They got stuck (due to the batteries having a thick skin coating) and I absolutely could not get them out and ended up accidently flinging the device across the room trying to do so. So moral of the story, Aldi re-chagables are too thick!
Would I buy the The Olay Regenerist Advanced Cleansing System again, I was actually planning on it after the battery debacle but I saw that the newish Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid Contoured Cleansing System and caved and bought that instead to see the difference, I’m using it now and report back at a later date.
Price: Device and cleanser $32.49 AUD RRP
Replacement Brush heads $9.99
Where to buy: Priceline, Target, and most large retailers.
For more information visit the Olay Website here
Madame B Fatale
Disclosure: Cleansing System was sent to me for review consideration. As always opinions are my own.